Modern Methods in Insurance Pricing and Industrial Statistics
3-5 September, 2017
Venue: Bu Ali Sina University, Hamedan, Iran
The purpose of the conference is to bring together young and senior academics and people working in insurance and other areas of industrial applications of statistics, and to strengthen the links between the respective communities in Iran and abroad.
- Deadline for abstract submission: June 22, 2017
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: July 6, 2017
- Deadline for early registration and payment: July 22, 2017
Abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamedan or Hamadan is located approximately 360 kilometres southwest of Tehran . It has appr. 500.000 habitants. Hamedan is believed to be among the oldest Iranian cities and one of the oldest in the world. It is in a green mountainous area in the foothills of the 3,574-meter Alvand Mountain, in the midwest part of Iran.The special nature of this old city and its historic sites attract tourists during the spring and summer to this city. The main symbols of the city are the Ganj Nameh inscription, the Avecenna monument and the Ali Sadr cave, the world's biggest water cave.
More details can be found en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamadan
- Hansjörg Albrecher, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Søren Asmussen, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Alireza Edalati, Actuary at VHV Insurance AG, Germany
- Amin Hassanzadeh, Shahid Beheshti University, Iran
- David Rios Insua, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain
- Gholamreza Nakhaeizadeh, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Jens Perch Nielsen, CASS Business School, United Kingdom
- Amir Safari, Insurance Research Center, Iran
- Ali Shojaie, University of Washington
- "Introduction to Machine Learning with Industrial Applications" by Ali Shojaie. Date: 2nd September, 2017.
- "Insurance Ratemarking with GLM using SAS" by Alireza Edalati, Actuary at VHV Insurance AG, Germany. Date: 2nd September, 2017
- "Risk Management with Big Data and Applications in Industry" by David Rios Insua, Spain. Date: 4th September, 2017
For the short courses there will be a fee, which is kept as low as possible just to cover the expenses.